Assistive software can help everyone! We have a number of programmes available for students:
Accessible to all students on campus network:
- TextHELP (Reading, Spelling and Concentration difficulties, English Learners)
- Inspiration (Concentration difficulties, Visual Learners)
- Supernova (Reading difficulties, Magnification / Screen Reading) – also at the Hive
Available from the IT Helpdesk for Disabled Students (limited availability)
- ClaroRead (Reading, spelling and concentration difficulties, English Learners)
- Supernova (Magnification / Screen Reading)
- JAWS (Screen Reading)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (Concentration and Writing difficulties)
- Zoomtext (Reading difficulties, Magnification / Screen Reading)
Face to Face training on these packages is currently available via a student’s Disabled Students Allowance (DSA). The Disability and Dyslexia Service is working with partners to look at how more staff and students can be offered tailored training in how to use Assistive Technology, as well as free apps and key features of everyday software such as Word. There are also some useful training portals for students without DSA such as http://users.wyvernportal.co.uk/courses
Exams: Disabled students taking exams may be eligible to use assistive software during their exams. Any student who wants to talk about their exam needs for January should talk to the Disability and Dyslexia Service by the beginning of December.
For more information contact the Disability & Dyslexia Service: email@example.com or (01905) 855531.